Tuesday, July 20, 2010

[warning] if this wasn't me, I would be horribly grossed out

I would also be sick to my stomach. Apologies. But I have to share...
Flattering, no?
[mirror image]

Today was the day of my scar-tissue removal surgery in my lip, the effects of getting hit in the mouth with a softball about 4 years ago...

I had no idea it would look this disgusting...I also had no idea it would hurt enough to take Loritab...(don't worry about me EVER getting hooked on painkillers, those babies tear my poor stomach apart...even on a full stomach!)

He said it will probably swell more than this. Good thing I have work tomorrow at 8am! 

I can't really smile or talk too well right now without making it hurt more, at least I'm just working the morning shift at the pool. It could be worse.

[before]
maybe it's not horrible, but it's definitely noticeable. 
If it can be fixed, then why not?

I'm really looking forward to how it will look when the swelling goes down and I get the stitches out! I think it will all be worth it. I had no idea this surgery was even a possibility! Thank you parents!! You're the best.

It's hard to imagine it will look better than it did the way it looks now, but here's to hoping!

GOOD NEWS: I got the cold spray for the IV, which is
definitely the way to go! I hardly felt it at all!

BAD NEWS: I can't do vigorous exercise for a whole week :(
Goodbye 30 day shred, I'll pick back up when I can! 
Hopefully I don't lose all the progress I've made.


No comments: