Thursday, July 15, 2010

check one off the bucket list...and I must be old

Tuesday was my girl Hailey's BRIDAL SHOWER. Bahhh that's so weird. I still remember the first day of 6th grade when I met her, and she's always been one of the nicest girls I know. Let's not even mention that I'm a month older than her. HA. Her wedding is next week in the Draper temple!

I made peanut butter chocolates and brownies for the shower, and my mom really wanted to make some punch to use in her brand-new dispenser. It was a huge hit if I do say so myself, my mom really knows bridal showers I guess! Cranberry and pineapple juice with ginger ale. Yummy!

The delish punch with pineapple rings for garnish, and my treats along with Michelle's cream puffs. Notice the fancy pants white chocolate drizzle...thank you very much. :)


Cute little fruit tray!

Afterwords, we went to Spark, the Mormon excuse for a bar. I actually really like it, and I had a Shirley Temple with cotton candy on top thank you very much. 100% percent akkehol free and a very cool atmosphere. While we were there sitting up in the loft, some guys came up to talk to us and invited us to a party on Saturday. They were really funny! When the waitress went to get our checks, she came back and said "I don't know if you know this, but your guy friends already paid for your drinks..."

We were shocked! It definitely made my day. I felt like a grown-up in a bar when a guy comes up and asks "Can I buy you a drink?", or "What are you drinking?".

Maybe I've seen to many movies, and maybe that sounds stupid, but I've always thought that would be so cool! And I think that's the closest I'll get, so I'll take it!

Being the smart one that I am, I didn't even get a picture of just me with the bride-to-be, but she's on the far left. 
Hailey, Hailey, Jessica, Jill, moi, Michelle, Brielle

1 comment:

amanda said...

hello! you went to my bridal shower! spark is cool. that's awesome about the guys buying the drinks. i bloody love those sandals and you better have gotten me a pair because you know I hate it when you find perfectly cute shoes and don't get me any. serious.