Monday, March 22, 2010

The Silver Lining...

Is it sad that it's barely 50 degrees at its warmest today, and I just had to wear shorts and sandals to take advantage of the warmth? This comes from the girl that thinks 80 degrees-plus is perfect. I think I'm going crazy--I just want summer! 

Well, BYU basketball is over for the season, but after the Kansas State game on Saturday, I couldn't help but think of only positive thoughts.

1. After losing the rebound battle badly and getting outshot (it's hard to not get outshot when Kansas State made everything...) the Cougies didn't get blown out in the slightest. It was even closer than the final score, 84-72, despite it all. Kansas State is good. And they played that way.

2. Everyone was saying that as long as they finally win a first-round game this year, they'd be satisfied. It's true for me! Of course the Sweet Sixteen would have been lovely, but I can't help but smile when I think of how I felt after the Florida game.

3. 30 wins! School-record, and so many teams would kill for that number. Love it.

4. Next year. Virtually everyone is returning! My assumption is that Jimmer will be back, and I sure hope so. I think it's the best thing for him to get another year at the collegiate level. Chris Miles, Jonathan Tavernari, and Lamont Morgan, Jr. are graduating, and Tyler Haws is going on a mission to the Philippines. They'll all be missed for their individual strengths, but I really don't think the team will take a hit. Chris Collinsworth comes home from his mission soon, and his brother Kyle will be a freshman. Expecting great things from those boys.

Did you see the Kansas-Northern Iowa game? Hot dang. While I did pick Kansas to win it all in one of my brackets, I couldn't help but be so happy for UNI. How cool is it for a 9-seed to come in and knock off the expected champs from even making the Sweet Sixteen? Dang. It was pretty awesome.

And Kansas, I know you must be extremely disappointed/sad...but get off the dang floor and be a good sport.



Just some pics I found in the Facebook group "Remember when Kansas choked in the 2010 NCAA tournament? That was AWESOME" that I thought were pretty funny.

One things for sure, March Madness is really living up to all the hype!

1 comment:

amanda said...

you wore shorts on saturday and it was like 50. it's a way nice day today though. good games, good games.