Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Let the Madness Begin...

Just got back from Vegas and the Mountain West Conference Tournament yesterday and had a blast! It had definite highs and lows...
LOW: BYU losing to UNLV on their HOME COURT for crying out loud.
HIGH: New Mexico losing to San Diego State. SDSU then beat UNLV for the championship. I never thought I'd be such an Aztec fan!

I learned a few things that I really shouldn't be suprised about.

1. It doesn't matter what team you cheer for: If it's not BYU, that means you HATE BYU. It doesn't matter who your team is currently playing, you will do anti-BYU/Mormon cheers.
2. People will drop about $50 on beer alone for a game. At $6 a cup, it adds up pretty fast when you chug them like that. Geez.
3. Some people have absolutely NO conscience...*cough* UNLV. More on that later...
4. It is possible for New Mexico fans(Ok, one) to have class and admit their "player of the year" Darrington Hobson is a dirty, elbow-throwing player with a bad attitude. Snake, you are my hero.

He actually had a Jimmer jersey!!
5. More people than I thought know absolutely NOTHING about Mormons, even to the point of asking if we're even allowed to be in Vegas. Also a story for another post..

All in all, it sucked BYU had to play UNLV in the second round. Unfortunate luck of the draw. However, that will all be put to rest if they use their number 7 seed(Whoo! Not an 8!) and take it to the Florida Gators on Thursday in Oklahoma City at 10:20 AM our time.



I LOVE MARCH MADNESS, and it's hard to ignore the fact that if a Sweet 16 were to happen, BYU would play in SLC! Now that would be sweet. Just one game at a time...

A little venting: I CAN'T BELIEVE that New Mexico got a 3 seed! You've GOT to be kidding me. Yes, they beat us twice. But the difference of both games put together was 6 points. Yes, they're ranked ahead of us by a few spots. But I still don't see how that translates to four seeds higher. I DO NOT APPROVE. (Just incase they wanted my opinion.)

1 comment:

amanda said...

haha, I can't wait for those stories...but um, why do you have a gators logo? weirdo.