Sunday, March 27, 2011

So the other day when I was driving home from my internship, I got past Lehi and drove for a while before thinking to myself...

"Man, this drive seems longer than usual...oh well."

A few minutes later, I think...

"Why is this drive so long??"

It finally occurs to me to look up and see where I am.

I see Provo Town Center.

I usually exit at University Parkway in Orem.

For those of us keeping track, that's a difference of 6 exits.

6!

And I have absolutely no memory of anything from Lehi to south Provo.

Although I was extremely tired, it's not like I fell asleep or anything. I even remember singing to the radio and all.

It made me think of my senior year in AP Psychology, we learned about how if you go a certain route often, sometimes you'll end up at your destination without remembering actually getting there.

I just missed my destination by the entire length of Provo.

nbd.

2 comments:

amanda said...

haha!! well, not quite the entire length, but pretty darn close!

yeah, I learned it's kind of like a self-hypnosis. we do it when driving, reading, etc. haha.

Hailey Randall said...

What's nbd?