Tuesday, March 22, 2011

baby i'll be outta here

Has it really been over three months since I've posted?

It's not like I've been busy or anything...

Oh, wait.

But thanks to the beautiful Hailey Randall, I've been pushed to post again! (Check out her cute blog here.)

I've been busier than ever before and haven't even posted about all the craziness that's gone down. This may be the first 30 seconds of free time I've had all semester.

Or not. Thanks to the Bachelor, Psych, and the Biggest Loser. The latter, by the way, makes me want to cry... or actually tear up a little...just about every episode.

It's my first semester in the broadcast program! Super time-consuming and stressful are two adjectives that describe it well. But I don't regret it for a second. Just getting closer to living the dream! (In the South if I have anything to do with it...hellooo southern accents, country music, heat and fried food. Sounds like heaven to me!)

I'm also interning at ABC 4 in Salt Lake this semester. Working over 20 hours a week without getting paid for it (not to mention driving to SLC three times a week...) is not always ideal...but I enjoy it and have got to do some really cool things and meet great people. I really wanted to intern right away, cause the more internships the better! Speaking of which...

I'm off to live in DC this summer! I decided I wanted to do something crazy this summer because maybe I'm a little envious of all the adventures in Connecticut and DC Amanda and Dave had the past two summers. Am I crazy for going off to the big city by myself? Maybe. Am I excited? Most definitely.

And as much as it makes me want to cry just thinking about it...I will be the big 2-0 soon. gross. but my point is, that's old enough to handle it.

What on earth am I going for? The National Journalism Center. Sounds pretty rockin', I know. :) I'll be there one day out of the week and will be at another media outlet..yet to be determined...another three or so.

I have one thing lined up that could already be the highlight of an awesome summer:

His name is KENNY CHESNEY.  Yep, one of the first things I did was buy tickets to his show at FedEx Field (home of the Redskins baby!). I've already seen him once but have never seen one of his famous big-stadium shows OR ever been to an NFL stadium! He's no doubt the best entertainer in music.
and i love him and his hot 42-year-old self. ok he'll be 43 in a few days...
Cheese-ball as this sounds, his music is such a big part of my life. Seriously, I have so many memories associated with his music, and I know every song he's ever recorded by heart. 13 of my 25 most-played songs are his (the other half is very Tim McGraw and George Strait heavy).

moments with her, they're all a blur
except for every second, every word
every drop of rain, every single grain of sand...

--Seven Days. you have to check it out. listen to it all while you're at it. k thanks :)

I don't all the details of my summer yet, but it'll be amazing. I'll make sure of it.

 



1 comment:

amanda said...

heyo, nice post. i'm not sure what post you wanted to connect to with "connecticut", but it links to a video by adele. :)

you can fly me out and i'll go to the concert with you. heh.