Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I guess my life hasn't been all that exciting in the past few weeks...and now it's almost time to start school again! Which means buying books.

I really wish I would have known about BYU book exchange earlier than last spring. Not only can you sell your books for a whole lot more than the $2 the bookstore will give you, but you can get basically everything you need for even less than the used price at the bookstore! It's great this semester especially since the most expensive books I need are BYU-exclusives and not on Amazon or half.com--my regular bargain hunting stomping grounds.

Both my English and art history books were listed at $999.99 on the bookstore's website. It's got to be some kind of sick joke or something. Well guess what? $45 each through the book exchange! Who's laughing now?? (It probably was a typo--but seriously? $1,000 for a textbook?)


The worst part, however, is setting up a time and place to meet to buy the book from the other student. Today I killed two birds with one stone by meeting both at the Cougar Kickoff by the Indoor Practice Facility. But since you don't know what they look like, you're standing around hoping you'll see someone carrying a book and looking a little out of place themselves. I was waiting around when I saw a guy carrying a backpack and acting like he was waiting for someone too. So, I asked him if his name was Steven. Yeah. Don't worry, it wasn't.

Awkward.


I did end up with both books though, even if the girl forgot and fell asleep, forgetting to come until about 20 minutes later. But when she drove up, she was listening to Something Like That by the one and only Tim McGraw.


All is forgiven.


Yay for showing the bookstore who's boss through awkward moments!

No comments: