Monday, September 7, 2009

Rise all Loyal Cougars

#20 BYU vs. #3 Oklahoma=probably the only BYU game that has made me want to break down and cry after a win.

Yeah. It was that good. I can't think of anything better for my first game as a legit Cougar.

Me and Michelle watched at Legends Grille on campus along with a packed house upstairs and down. It was intense. As sad as it may be, one of the best moments was one of the last plays of the first half when OU's Heisman winning QB Sam Bradford was plowed into the ground by Coleby Clawson. Everyone cheered when he stayed on the ground grabbing his throwing shoulder in pain. Yep, out for the second half. Not that he did anything anyway. He only had one TD pass the whole half and that was only because of BYU's mistake that gave them such great field position. So if anyone says the only reason BYU won is because he went down, they have no idea what they're talking about and didn't watch the game.

The second half was crazy, and Max Hall showed everyone what he was made of when he lead the Cougars all the way down the field, taking over 8 minutes off the clock, all leading to an amazing TD pass to wide-open McKay Jacobsen in the endzone. The whole room went psychotic...it was amazing.

OU attempted a field goal that fell short in the final minutes, sealing the victory for BYU, 14-13.

I can't even express how happy I was with BYU's defense in this game, from pressuring the QB mercilessly to goal-line stands. Wow.

Here's the video of the crowd singing the fight song after Hall's final TD pass:

Around 2 AM, about 2,000 Cougar fans (myself included of course) welcomed the team home at the Provo airport. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I'm sooo happy I went. It was even worth it sprinting a mile from our parking spot to where the plane would land.

That day was incredible and I won't be over it for a very long time, if ever:)

No comments: