Sunday, April 6, 2008

the Good Stuff

It's been a while, but I don't know what even write! Basketball is over, except for the national championship tomorrow between Memphis and Kansas. I was really surprised that they beat UCLA and North Carolina, respectively. Pretty much my bracket sucked. First of all I picked Tennessee to make it to the finals, but they only made it to the Sweet Sixteen. After I found that out, I picked North Carolina to take it all. Well, I was wrong about that one. I'll just go out there and pick Kansas to win, so we'll see how that goes.

Today and yesterday were general conference, and I really enjoyed it (as long as I didn't fall asleep--oops!). I especially liked Elder Ballard's talk Sunday afternoon about mothers. He is a funny guy. "I let the cheerios get away from me--that was embarrassing!" Hahaha I died laughing when he was talking about taking care of his 6 young children during church while his wife was singing in the choir. I also really loved President Monson's talks. He was very entertaining too! It was kind of weird having a prophet besides President Hinkley at a general conference. He is the only prophet I really remember. I am really excited though for Pres. Monson, he is awesome. Oh yeah, and my claim to fame is a couple of years ago at a BYU basketball game, he was there watching. After the game, me and my friend were standing by the locker room entrance and he walked by and actually jumped up and gave us a high-five! See, I told you everything good in this world has to do with BYU basketball!

Also, I want to do this new thing where each blog post(as long as I remember), I'll list a few of my favorite songs at the time. Lately there's been a ton of good ones so it's going to be hard! They are really worth listening to!

Take a Bow- Rihanna
The lyrics are so funny and mean, in a good way of course! I love it!

Better as a Memory- Kenny Chesney
This song is sooooo AMAZING! The lyrics are just too good, but I kinda makes you sad.

Dance Floor Anthem- Good Charlotte
A good one to rock out to! I'm surprised at how much I like it!

And one last thing, I also found a new favorite quote:
Memory is a child walking along a seashore
You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up
and store away among its treasured things.
--Pierce Harris

It makes me think a lot of how memory works and stuff, for some reason it just is a really deep quote for me.

4 comments:

Janet Thwaits said...

Good to see you back writing. I really enjoy your Blogs, and Yes there is more to life than BYU basketball. Sorry about that. Although I have to go with Memphis, I have to admit that my brackets are pretty much trash at this point too, which takes some of the fun out of it. I really like the quote.
LOVE YA GPR

Amanda said...

It's not really a quote...but a poem. A good one though. A good poem...must mean you're engaged...ha ha..

And here I thought good things came from the gospel. My bad. :)

Amanda said...

Yep that is definitely not a quote. Maybe not a poem as you think it but for instance:

"like cherry blossoms in the spring, let us fall clean and radient"

that is more poemish than quoteish. Yours is like a short metaphorical poem. It is too artistic to be a mere quote.

Janet Thwaits said...

Loved reading your update. I wonder why Grandpa Rick always signs under my name??? It was fun seeing you at Wendy's last night - it was a good time. I love you, Grandma Rick