Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just when you though it was over...

BYU basketball may be technically "over" for this season, but the awards keep coming! Tonight are the annual "Y" Awards at the Wilkinson Center. There are many different categories, and they are given to BYU athletes of all sports, men and women. The categories men's basketball players are nominated for are the following:
Men's Crowd Pleaser- Jonathan Tavernari....I really don't see how anyone else could win this
Spirit of Sport(for seniors only)- Sam Burgess...Bryan Kehl* is also nominated in this category! That's a tough one, but at least one of those two better win or I'll be livid.
Male Athlete of the Year- Lee Cummard...he is going against Max Hall(amazing FB QB), but I mean, it's Lee!
*Bryan Kehl is the most amazing football player I have ever witnessed, and I love him I love him I love him. He is also nominated for the Johnson Service Award. I really want him to win something! And I really hope he'll be there...NFL combines are over..so Bryan please come back!;)

I am soooo excited, and I actually get to be there in person! Thank you Mom and Dad for belonging to the Cougar Club and I'm glad that all of that bugging you to let me go paid off. I'll update on who won, and there better be some basketball and Bryan Kehl mentioned! I'm bummed there aren't more of them in the nominations--I guess their attempts to call all the the sports "equal", but we all know that isn't true!

I should be doing homework(studying for the AP Calculus test and the ACT) but big surprise--
I don't feel like it. Meh.

Songs of the Day:
Then They Do-Trace Adkins...it's so true, though I don't totally know first hand, you'll have to listen! I have loved this song forever!

We Danced Anyway-Deana Carter...I hadn't heard this for so long until just recently, and I remembered how much I love it!

Oh, and by the way, Kansas won the NCAA championship yesterday in an overtime thriller! I was happy because I just didn't want Memphis to win for some reason. Just to re-emphasize:
FREE THROWS WIN GAMES...FREE THROWS LOSE GAMES

2 comments:

Janet Thwaits said...

Good job picking the Winner in the Jayhawks. I owe you one. Have fun tonight Love GPR

Janet Thwaits said...

Grandpa should get his own "handle"!! I enjoyed your comments but missed a lot because the playlist was covering up some of it, but have a wonderful time, I just think of it and you there and it brings a smile to my face. I love you, Grandma Rick