Saturday, May 21, 2011

that time my dad dropped me off in d.c.

it's here! i flew out to d.c. last thursday with my awesome dad. he came out to make sure i could find my way around, and we had a great time! i'm really glad he came!

somehow this is the only picture we managed to get together...but i promise we were there at the same time!
0.jpg

we also got to drive to richmond per my request. i really wanted to see some of the civil war/confederate history there. we went to the confederate white house that belonged to jefferson davis, a sweet museum, a cemetery of confederate officers and monuments of robert e. lee, jefferson davis and stonewall jackson. my dad wasn't a big fan of the actual city and "downtown"...i didn't love it either...but i really glad we went. my dad is the coolest.
white house
 john marshall house
 cemetery
 on sunday we checked out the national cathedral...it reminded me of france and was awesome! we didn't get there til late so we couldn't go inside, but the outside was incredible.
we also ate at some great places. friendly's, don pablo's (or was it don francisco??) and good stuff...we had to try it, cause amanda swears by it! it made me sick..but in a good way. i was absolutely stuffed that i could barely walk afterwards. bacon cheeseburger, rosemary fries and a milky way malt shake. absolutely delicious, but note to self: never order all three in the same trip. me and dad even split the fries! but he made me get my own milkshake. the nerve...
0.jpg

on his last night here we went to a little pizza party to meet some of the other interns at n.j.c., and the next day he went home after walking me all the way to my first orientation! i know i'll always remember our time out here and i couldn't be happier that he came out with me!

love you dad!!

No comments: