Tuesday, May 24, 2011

humidity.

i really don't mind humidity. my hair, however, minds a lot.

i know it's only gonna get about a zillion times worse this summer, but i absolutely love heat of any kind. anytime i think i'm too hot, i just think of how miserable i am in the freezing winter and then i love it even more!

but i've discovered humidity affects a lot more than just my hair.

1. the gum in my purse is almost wet when i get it out
2. the sugar on sour gummy watermelons dissolves off of most of them before i eat them
3. it took a total of 48 hours for my sweater to air-dry in my apartment

but it's good in a few ways too!

1. the air smells awesome, especially around my apartment where there are a lot of trees
2. if you look outside and it looks cool and cloudy...it'll still be warm!
3. i think i've noticed a little difference in my dry skin..no more waking up in the middle of the night to get some lotion!

yay for the good stuff, and the bad isn't really that bad.

it does make me miss my dry desert of Utah, and growing up going on vacations to arizona and new mexico. i keep thinking of the red rocks and how awesome it is in the southwest. i'll always be a western girl, but i'm an eastern girl for now.

hopefully soon i'll be southern...


No comments: