Sunday, May 29, 2011

first instance of d.c. savvy

well, i've figured out a system for car-less grocery shopping! i'm new to it and think it's pretty genius if you ask me. how do people live without cars??

my lovely roommates with their lovely cars would definitely take me when they go, but our schedules don't match up too well.

LUCKILY there's a safeway literally next door to comcast, my home three days of the week. i think i've been every day getting a few things i need each time. a bag or two each time back with me on the metro and my walk home and i've got all i need!

i've even gotten ice cream, people!

it may or may not be close to soup by the time i finally get back...
afterhavingtowait45minutesforthetraincausetheythoughtthey'dclosedownatrackeverytimeitrytogeton...but man does that triple-cookie sundae edy's sound delicious right now.

i also haven't been able to walk past those 50 cent artichokes without getting more each time...50 cents!! are you kidding?! 


my roommate Caitlin thinks eating a plain artichoke is the weirdest thing she's ever seen. i always thought it was normal?? they're a delicacy in my family!

artichokes & ice cream...i could get used to that!

No comments: