Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hook 'em Tarheels??

Ok...so I figured it's time to pull away from the sports for two seconds and try to write about some deeper subjects.
In a little over two months I'll be moving away the fifteen minutes down the road to attend the college of my dreams and I CAN'T WAIT! But amid all of this preparation, I can't help but be infatuated with going out of state on a real college adventure. Where might you ask? I think it would be so cool to attend:

1. University of Texas at Austin
2. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Would I ever actually go to those places? No.
Would I pay the $20,000+ a year it would cost for tuition? H no.
Would I even fit in? Not a chance.

I know it's crazy and don't even know why I've been thinking that, but I loved Texas so much when I went and also loved my trip back east. I guess it would be cool to see what it's like to live outside of Utah. And I'm in no way the anti-Utah type who can't wait to get out only to find out Utah really wasn't as bad as they thought. I love living here and wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, it's fun to go on vacation, but if I did happen to go out of state for college I know I probably wouldn't like it as much as I thought I would. Then again, maybe I would.

All that matters is I am now a cougar and will be loving life in the fall:)

2 comments:

amanda said...

I feel ya sista. I would die to go to USC (don't know why) or somewhere cool like yale (only like 20 minutes away from here...) or some other fancy college.

but, alas, i'm no millionaire. I would actually for reals go there, if I had the money. And yeah, it would be hard to find friends, but we could do it! I would be sad to leave friends though, so it'd be a hard choice. texas though?

NC, that sounds awesome.

moving out is awesome (except you know, I love my family) but I remember being right where you are. it's crazy. I was like...august...GET HERE CAUSE I"M LEEEEEEEEEEEAVIIIIIIIIIIIING>

Teri Bench said...

well....at least you don't have to live at home while you are in college - that's a plus!