Tuesday, February 26, 2008

you can't win 'em all

Though I thought it would be very possible to win out the rest of the season, assuring a 6 or 7 seed come NCAA tournament time. I still think the rest of the games are almost in the bag, with the biggest challenge coming tonight at the Pit in Albuquerque against the Lobos. At San Diego last Saturday, our slow start and inability to finish at the end is what cost us the game. The refs didn't help much, either. I mean, what was with that no-call on JT's three that could have tied the game with the clock winding down? But don't get me wrong, there were other opportunities to win other than just that.

That 4-point loss is in the past, and now all the Cougars have to do is show up for 40 minutes in the remaining 4 conference games. A win in the MWC tournament wouldn't help, either. To beat the Rebels on the "neutral" site which happens to be their home court would be great! It is very possible, as long as they forget everything that happened at the Thomas & Mack in January.

One more thing: The San Diego State fans are the most obnoxious fans in the conference. At least they are whenever we play their team at Cox Arena, they are just out to get "the Mormons". And just so you know, Warren Jeffs has nothing to do with BYU, so leave those signs at home next time, no one's laughing. It's also not cool to dress up as missionaries.

Go Cougars! Win it at the Pit!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I was wondering if I can pick the cutest BYU player, since I don't know who the best would be (not even an idea of who...)

Aimee said...

ya you most definitely could! I almost did but then i changed my vote at the last second....who would you say is the cutest? :)