Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My first practice!

Well my life is finally complete. Yesterday for the first time, I went to a BYU basketball practice! That may not sound very exciting for most people, but think about it: 2 hours just getting to sit there watching the best team in the world having fun and joking around. When the team was just around, Lee Cummard sat on the team's bench and started making threes while sitting way behind the line! Then he came so close while lying on the score table at half court! He is just too amazing. Me and Michelle were practically the only ones there, so no one was there to take away from our delight.

There's also another reason of why it was the best. After the team was done and just a few were left, Jonathan Tavernari started waving at us! He must have recognized us from when he met us earlier! It was the best feeling in the world to know that he knew who we were! So then we just sat there staring at him and another manager or something play around for about 20 minutes. And for your information, he is one of the most hilarious people ever! He sounded like a comedian out there....and he even did this little shimmy dance which was so cute! Here are some of my favorite quotes of his from yesterday.....

"Hi what's your name? I'm 6'6"."
"If I don't make it in basketball, I'm going to be a comedian."
While some other guys were walking in together: "Are you guys gay together or something? I swear I never see you apart! Do you shower together too? Man I'm really disappointed."
"I'm a high-roller."
When this other guy told him he owed him money: "Sorry I gotta go, my momma just called. My momma called! I have to go!"
"Man, Chuck Norris likes men."

There was much more, but those were my favorites. Who knew he was so funny? I did! Then, when he was about to leave, me and Michelle finally worked up the courage to go and talk to him! He even let us on the court and let us sit right by him on their actual bench! We were so close, I could even see the stubble on his legs growing back! Yes, he shaves his legs. We talked to him for like 10 minutes! And then he said he'd see us at the Utah game because he asked if we were going, and of course we are! It was the funnest day ever!!

Well, now I'm going to the Utah game....and I can't wait for us to kick some trash.

No comments: