Friday, December 19, 2008

Scoreboard!!

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write about more BYU basketball, because it's been an amazing few weeks of games! I'll start out with the BYU-Utah State game at Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake. I woke up super early the Monday before and got to the Marriott Center by 6:45 AM to ensure great tickets. It definitely paid off. FRONT ROW RIGHT BY THE PLAYER'S BENCH!! They were amazing seats, and I'd lose sleep any day for something like that.
Now for the game. It was one of the most fun times I've had. It was so cool to see the arena literally split in two, right down the middle, with Aggie and Cougar fans. My dad thought he would be funny and wear a Utah St. hat along with his BYU shirt.(While he sat in the nosebleeds;)) He obviously isn't a true Aggie fan since he was getting worried about BYU in the end. I will say the Aggie student section was louder than ours. And RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, and TOTALLY DISREPECTFUL. For a while I thought they were a bunch of Utards.
Chanting "Dave Rose(the BYU coach) sucks" is no way to show your "class". Another thing I didn't get was them chanting "You still suck" after any Cougar made a free throw. Well, I can't tell you how happy I was to chant "Scoreboard" to them after their "You still suck" chants. 68-63. It was intense, but I always knew my team would pull it off. Too bad Utah State can never say they know what a real team is.(At least for this year, as well as who knows how long for their sad excuse of a football team.)One last thing: there was a sign a couple of Aggie guys were holding that said "BYU: keeping ugly girls out of USU since 1888". I'm sorry but I saw more than a couple counterexamples in the Aggie crowd.:D Go Cougars!!



No comments: